Cedar Shakes for Edmonton Homes – Update Your Curb Appeal
Add rustic charm to your home’s exterior with cedar shakes. Edmonton homeowners can get a natural, hand-crafted look with cedar shakes, bringing a warm and inviting aesthetic to any home’s exterior. At Alf’s Roofing we have been serving the roofing needs of the greater Edmonton area since 1976. Thanks to our years of experience we know just what kind of products to use for our roofing projects. For example, we use only premium cedar shakes from British Columbia to ensure each one of our clients receive a superior roofing installation. The cedar shakes we have available include handsplit and tapersawn styles.
Why Use Cedar Shakes?
Cedar shakes look great and offer many advantages for your home, including the following:
• Resistant to the elements – Thanks to cedar shakes preservatives it can be resistant to UV rays, moisture, wind damage, and insect damage.
• Minimal form change – Cedar has a low density which means minimal shrinkage in humid weather.
• Long-lasting – One of the toughest woods, cedar provides a durable roof. It’s a smart investment for any home thanks to is structural strength.
• Great insulator – Cedar shakes make for great insulation as they help keep cool air in during the summer and warm air in during the winter.
• Aesthetically pleasing – Cedar wood offers a timeless look to any house. It’s smooth, rustic, rough-hewn texture provides an eye-catching aesthetic that can help increase your curb appeal.
Types of Cedar Shakes Available
Alf’s Roofing carries two different styles of cedar shakes for Edmonton homeowners. These styles include:
• Handsplit Shakes – A handsplit or resawn shake is a type of wood shingle that has been sawn on the back while the front is split with the natural grain of the wood. This creates a uniquely textured surface on the exposed surface that can be instantly recognized for its rustic appearance. You can purchase cedar handsplit shakes in a heavy thickness of ¾” or a medium thickness of ½”.
• Tapersawn Shakes – This type of cedar shake is sawn on both sides to provide a smoother, uniform look. These cedar shakes are thicker than traditional shingles. As a result of this cut, you get a tailored shingle look, accentuated by a sharper shadow-line of a shake, created by the thickness of the butt. It is available in thicknesses of 5/8″ or 7/8″.
Request Cedar Shakes in Edmonton from the Local Leaders
At Alf’s Roofing we take great care in the roofing work we do. Since 1976, we have created a reputation for expert workmanship, superior customer service, and high quality roofing products. Thanks to this dedication we have received accolades and awards for our service including the Al Petersen: Long Time Service/Legacy Award at the 2017 Business Awards hosted by the Sherwood Park & District Chamber of Commerce.
If you are looking to get a quote on cedar shakes in Edmonton and surrounding areas, contact Alf’s Roofing. Request a free estimate today.